Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Recipe: Homemade Beef Stew

Homemade Beef Stew ( From My Kitchen - Granny Kathy)
I was hungry for beef stew but just winged it without a recipe.
So I made a shopping trip to Target and this is what I bought for my stew.
Ingredients
3 cans of diced tomatoes
Container of Swanson Beef Broth
1 lb of Green Giant Klondike Gourmet potatoes
1/4 of a Purple Onion chopped
1 package of lean beef stew meat (On sale got $3 off price)
3 packages of snack carrots (On a quick sale)
2 bags of organic frozen vegetables with Peas,Carrots, Green Beans
( Yes I love Carrots and tomatoes)
Add salt and pepper to taste

Directions
Put all above listed ingredients in a stock pot.
I washed the potatoes, packaged carrots, and the onion.
Next time I will not use 3 cans of diced tomatoes as 2 cans would of been enough.
I started the pot cooking on a full boil for the first hour and half and added water as it cooked down.
Then I turned down the boiling stew to a slow boil and stirred it often.
Total cook time was 2 hours.
( Just test your meat and make sure it is done before you stop your cook time.)

Results: Husband loved it, Son In Law said it was OK and I could eat it daily for weeks. It turned out to taste exactly as I had hoped.
I encourage everyone to look for sales while they grocery shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment