Slow Cooker Lemon Garlic Chicken RecipeIf you have Mrs. Dash® Lemon Pepper, you can use 1/2 teaspoon of that instead of the black pepper. Just subtract 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice and increase the water by a tablespoon.
WebMD Recipe from the WebMD Weight Loss Clinic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon low-sodium chicken broth powder or bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
Preparation:1. In a small bowl, mix oregano, salt, and black pepper together, then sprinkle the mixture evenly over the chicken pieces.
2. Add canola oil to a large, nonstick skillet and start heating over medium heat. When hot, add chicken pieces and brown on both sides (about 3 minutes per side).
3. Place chicken pieces in slow cooker. Add water, lemon juice, garlic, and chicken broth powder to the skillet, and bring the mixture to a gentle boil. Pour the lemon juice over the chicken in the slow cooker and cover with lid.
4. Cook on HIGH for 3 hours or LOW for about 6 hours. Sprinkle the parsley on top of the chicken about 15-30 minutes before the end of the cooking time.
5. Serve with cooked pasta or steamed brown rice.