- 1 pound red cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 pound yellow cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 pound small green heirloom tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons slivered garlic
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chiffonade fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano leaves
- 1 pound angel hair pasta
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces whole-milk ricotta salata, crumbled
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/2 cup grated Pecorino
- Additional chopped fresh herbs, garnish
- Hot French or Italian bread, accompaniment
Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 350 degrees F.
In a large, glass baking dish, toss the tomatoes with the oil, garlic, vinegar, salt, red pepper flakes, and pepper. Roast until the tomatoes are tender, stirring occasionally, 40 to 45 minutes. Remove from the oven and add the basil, parsley, and oregano. Stir well.
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta until al dente, about 7 minutes. Drain and return to pot. Toss with the extra-virgin olive oil. Add the tomatoes and pan juices and cook over low heat until hot, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the ricotta salata cheese and stir until mostly melted, about 1 minute. Remove from the heat and transfer to a large serving bowl.