Sugar Snap Peas with Marjoram
Dietitian's tip: Sugar snap peas are crisp peas eaten pod and all. Here, they're paired with marjoram and tossed with olive oil and lemon. To save time, look for packaged peas with their strings already removed.By Mayo Clinic staff
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 pound sugar snap peas, trimmed of stems and strings
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh marjoram
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
DirectionsIn a large frying pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the peas and saute until tender-crisp, about 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in the marjoram, lemon juice and zest, salt, and pepper and toss gently to mix. Serve immediately.
Credit: Recipe is from www.mayoclinic.com staff and all rights to go to Mayo Clinic.
Nutritional analysis per serving
|Total fat||2 g||Total carbohydrate||7 g|
|Saturated fat||0 g||Dietary fiber||2 g|
|Monounsaturated fat||2 g||Protein||2 g|