Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Vegetarian Recipe: Vegetarian Ruben

Hello, hope your staying cool.

  I am a foodie at heart and pass along lots of recipes. Here are a couple of my favorites. Let me know if your looking for anything in particular to serve and I will bring that recipe to Southern Made In The Shade.
In this recipe you can go to the links that are underlined for recipes for that ingredient. Handy right? Enjoy and leave me comments, it lets me know your out there reading my thoughts.
Vegetarian Ruben

Ingredients
4 large Slices of good rye bread
4 tbsp Dijon mustard
2 large Ripe tomatoes, sliced into 8 Rounds
1 cup Sauerkraut -- drained
4 tbsp Russian salad dressing
4 Thin slices Swiss cheese - cut in half
Directions
Preheat the oven to 350. Toast the rye bread and spread one side of each slice with mustard. Place the slices mustard side up in a single layer on a cookie sheet. Layer each slice of rye with the following in order: 1 slice tomato, 1 slice Swiss cheese, 1/4 cup sauerkraut and 1 tablespoon Russian dressing. Bake for 20 minutes or until sauerkraut is hot. Top each sandwich with a slice of tomato and a half-slice of cheese. Bake for another 5 to 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Credit: Recipe is from
www.healthyhomerecipes.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment