Not only is The Best Carrot Cake Ever super-easy to throw together in minutes, but it's truly the all-time best carrot cake you'll ever have. And the cream cheese frosting is absolutely amazing!
Cooking Time:40 mins.
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 3 cups grated (about 1 pound) carrots
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (or pecans)
- CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat two 8-inch round cake pans with cooking spray; lightly flour the pans.
- In a large bowl, with an electric beater, combine granulated sugar, oil, eggs, baking soda, flour, cinnamon, salt, coconut, carrots, and walnuts, blending for 30 seconds to 1 minute, until a smooth, thick batter forms. DO NOT OVER-MIX! Pour batter evenly into prepared cake pans. Bake 45 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean and the tops are golden. Let cool completely.
- In a large bowl, with an electric beater, make frosting by combining cream cheese and butter; mix well. Add vanilla; mix well. Gradually add confectioners' sugar, continuing to mix until well combined.
- Place one cake layer on a serving platter and frost top of cake. Place other layer on top of frosted layer. Frost top and sides of entire cake. Serve immediately, or cover and chill until ready to serve.