Saturday, March 17, 2012

Food: Under 80 Calories Snacks & Recipe:Spicy Grilled Corn

I am getting ready for grill time and can almost taste grilled corn. My all time favorite fruit is cold watermelon. With Texas heat reaching over 100 degrees months on end during the summer I keep Popsicles in my freezer.
Yet, watching calories can be hard to do so with a little help from my current research found some 80 calorie food portions.


Original Bomb Pop 40 calories
 1 cup watermelon 46 calories
3 Vlasic Sweet Gherkins  30 calories
18 Alexia Spicy Sweet Potato Julienne Fries  78 calories
1 Frozen Almond Joy Snack Size Bar  80 calories

Recipe: Spicy Grilled Corn with Feta and Lime 78 calories
Top 1/2 medium ear grilled corn with 1/2 tsp.olive oil
1 tsp. feta cheese
1 tsp. lime juice, and a dash of cayenne pepper

Credit: Watermelon photo from watermelon.org. Article on under 80 calorie snacks is property of Health Magazine health.com published June 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment