Sunday, July 22, 2012
Living Green: 5 Home Water Conversation Tips
Here are 5 water conservation tips.
1. Check faucets, toilets, showers, and pipes for leaks by using your water meter as a gauge.
2. Shorten your shower by a minute or two to save 150 gallons per month.
3. Use your dishwasher and clothes washer only for full loads.
4. Avoid watering when it's windy, and only water plants in the early part of the day.
5. Use a broom instead of a hose to clean your driveway and sidewalk.
Credit: Conservation tips were taken from an article in Texas Health and Living magazine. Photograph is property of Kohler.