Sunday, January 1, 2012

Kids Outdoor Health: Discover The Forest


Discover the forest with your family. It is a great way to teach your children about nature and why it is so important to our environment.

Did you know?
At some point in their lives, 40% of forest animals are dependant on standing or fallen dead trees for some of their habitat needs.

http://www.discovertheforest.org
My family had a lake side Sporting Goods store so outdoor fun was part of my life as a child. I grew up hiking, water sking, paddle boat riding, running by the lake, and helping dad maintain our camp grounds, and rent shelters.
 It was hard work but so rewarding. For 12 years there were very few times I didn't swim, fish or dance my days away.

My father, J.C. Reel was so much fun and made sure my childhood was full of outdoor activities.
I share this website in his honor, www.discovertheforest.org.
Discloser: Fun activities are at www.discovertheforest.org. I am sharing this information with you as ways to promote childrens healthy unplugged activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment